Saturday, April 11, 2009

Should you meet your photographer before your wedding?

Just last night i was kept waiting an hour and forty minutes for a bride and her wedding planner. Who arrived and made it quite obvious that she was not in the least interested in my work. Why did she waste my time? I have so precious little to spend with my son. I am not into hard sales. I am not prepared to go to a meeting to convince anyone. If you are not already 90% sure from seeing my work on line, I am not the photographer for you. Simple. Sound rude?

In the past I have make many sacrifices for my brides but now that I am older I have realised that it’s not necessary to be a slave at their beck and call. I am a person with a family and my services are not life giving. As my friend Rikkie likes to regularly remind me I am not a brain surgeon. So although I find it absolutely essential to meet a new couple before their wedding, I don’t want to waste my time or theirs. It’s enough I bond with them after they as sure they want me.

1 comment:

  1. Meeting you photographer is a MUST. Aside from a strong portfolio you wedding photographer should possess a winning personality. When it comes to a photojournalistic approach - keep in mind this is someone who will be with you for up to 14 hours on your wedding day.

    http://www.fotoimpressions.com

    ReplyDelete