Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Reportage Revealed

(I know I am harping on a bit here but I need to get this point across load and clear.)

Candid or reportage wedding photography is what every bride thinks she want for her wedding photography. Ninety nine percent of all couples, especially the men tell me they do not want to be posed. But after years of shooting weddings it’s my job to point out that they may not know all the facts.

Reportage is great but it’s not flattering. Often what wins a wedding reportage photography competition is not an image that a bride would put in her album. One fact I am sure of is that all couples want to look good in their wedding album. If they admit it or not. What they all have in common is they do not want to look silly. Due to the torture inflicted on clients by 80’s wedding photographers, posing has become synonymous with the word silly.

So let’s see what brides really want. The want to capture all the special moments while always looking their best. If you only request reportage photography, although the picture will be natural and emotional, in many you will not look you best.






No comments:

Post a Comment