Thursday, September 17, 2009

My favourite locations 08 -Il San Pietro – Positano – Italy

Now I have not actually ever done a wedding at San Pietro, though it's world famous for it's list of clients. Every famous or infamous person who has stayed on the Amalfi Coast has almost certainly stayed at the San Pietro. From Rock stars to presidents. I am told that it's the best but I have also been told that the decor is very outdated and 1980's. Not good. The gardens look amazing from the sea. But I repeat it's in my list just because out of respect, it a classic old timer. A bit like the Rolls Royce of the Amalfi Coast. Not everybody’s taste. Unless you are a rock start or a president that is.

"Surrounded by scented Tropical and Mediterranean gardens, Il San Pietro di Positano overlooks the world famous bay of Positano. San Pietro has a perfect harmony of luxury and simplicity, which is the secret to a private and charming hotel." Direct text from Palazzo Murat website

No comments:

Post a Comment